This one day training workshop assists Youth Workers to develop their understanding of ethical practices – based on the Code of Ethics for Youth Workers in WA – and apply this knowledge in their work. Training is conducted by highly qualified Australian Youth Work trainers.
To book training for your organisation, or to hear about our next available sessions for individuals, contact us here.
The training will introduce participants to the recently revised Code, and to the suite of materials developed by Youth Work WA (formerly the WA Association of Youth Workers) and YACWA, aimed at embedding the Code in Youth Work practice, programs and organisations in WA.
The training program will include the following topics:
- A brief introduction to the history of the Code of Ethics in WA and nationally
- Understanding ethics in Youth Work practice
- Using the code to make ethical decisions
- Introducing the code to young people, parents, colleagues etc
- Exploring ethical practice and ethical dilemmas in your work with young people
- Challenging unethical practices in ourselves and others
- Where to find further resources and information
- Developing a personal action plan – applying today’s learning in your work
A wide variety of methods are used within the program, including presentations, small and large group discussions, whole group activities, individual reflection, reading, case studies and scenarios.